Limitations Would Not Stop Iranian Cinema to Be International
23 April 2016 - 17:40
Actor of “le passé” insisted that FIFF doesn’t need to imitate other film festivals.
According to the Public Relations Office of the 34th Fajr International Film Festival, Babak Karimi, actor of “A Separation” considered separation of national and international sections as a positive move and said, “when national and international sections were held together, there was a chaos and audiences could not decide what to see. Although the festival received good feedback, but it wasn’t applicable.”
Babak Karmi insisted that we should not ignore international relations in any way and said, “We shouldn’t stop holding international festival because there are limitations. In the same condition we are having our tourism, business and trades so why we stop artistic activities.”
Babak Karimi expressed that we should go forward step by step and it is impossible to hold a festival like Cannes through a night and expressed, “we do not need be become like other festivals. Each festival should have its own dignity which is defined with its own geography, demography and certainly its own cinema.”
The 34th edition of Fajr International Film Festival is being held from April 20th to April 25th, 2016 in Charsou Cineplex, under the supervision of the well-known Iranian filmmaker, Mr. Reza Mirkarimi, who is also the Managing Director of Khaneh Cinema.
For more information on Fajr International Film Festival, visit the festival website, www.fajriff.com
- Exclusive Interview with Mario Damas Nunes; The Critic Ambassador
- An Actor Needs to Feel Good // Motamed Aria Gives Acting Tips
- Ebrahim Haghighi, Iranian Graphic Designer : 34th Fajr Deserved International Title
- We Screen Iranian Film In Our Festival As the Attractive Part of it; Anthelme Vidaud from Odessa International Film Festival
- The Festival Ambience Is Great/There Are New Talents In Iran Cinema// Interview with Eivind Grotteland from Norway and Pascal Traechslin from Switzerland