Previously Unseen Images of Iran in FIFF
11 April 2016 - 13:40
“The Land of the Lion and the Sun” will be screened for the first time in Iran at Fajr International Film Festival (FIFF).
As reported by the public relations office of the 34th FIFF, the silent documentary, “The Land of the Lion and the Sun” illustrates Iran 90 years ago. This documentary, which includes some previously unseen images of Iran, has never been shown in an internal event and is going to be screened for the first time in Iran at the 34th FIFF.
The 41-minute, documentary directed by Vladimir Erofeev, is a 1928 Russian production. “The Land of the Lion and the Sun” has recorded different moments of Iranian people’s social life, the country’s general ambiance, women’s clothing in the year 1300, etc.
Sergei Kapterev, screenwriter, director, film scholar, and senior researcher at Moscow’s Institute of Cinema Art, has been invited for the screening of “The Land of the Lion and the Sun”. Moreover, Muhammad Tahaminejad, Iranian expert and researcher, will make a speech in the screening session of this documentary.
The 34th edition of Fajr International Film Festival will be held from April 20th to April 25th, 2016 in Charsou Cineplex, under the supervision of the well-known Iranian filmmaker, Mr. Reza Mirkarimi, who is also the Managing Director of Khaneh Cinema.
- Exclusive Interview with Mario Damas Nunes; The Critic Ambassador
- An Actor Needs to Feel Good // Motamed Aria Gives Acting Tips
- Ebrahim Haghighi, Iranian Graphic Designer : 34th Fajr Deserved International Title
- We Screen Iranian Film In Our Festival As the Attractive Part of it; Anthelme Vidaud from Odessa International Film Festival
- The Festival Ambience Is Great/There Are New Talents In Iran Cinema// Interview with Eivind Grotteland from Norway and Pascal Traechslin from Switzerland