Special Screenings: The 15 Films You Need to See at FIFF 2017
7 March 2017 - 11:17
Fajr International Film Festival has announced that 15 films will play in the Special Screenings section of FIFF 2017.
Some of the greatest talents in modern Iranian and international cinema will take center stage at next year’s largest ever program.
According to the Secretariat, 12 foreign and 3 Iranian films will unspool at the 35th edition.
The Special Screenings lineup includes feature films by multi award-winning directors Terence Malik (US), Andrzei Wajda (Poland), Ken Loach (Britain), Cristian Mungiu (Romania), Luc and Jean-Pierre Dardenne (Belgium), Danis Tanovic (Bosnia), Francois Ozon (France), Simon Sono (Japan), Agnieszka Hollande (Poland), and Aki Kaurismaki (Finland), among others.
Also bowing as Special Screenings will be three additional highly anticipated films by Iranian directors.
The poster of the Special Screenings section has been designed by Hamidreza Beydaqi.
The 35th edition of Fajr International Film Festival will take place from Friday 21 to Friday 28 April in Tehran. Reza Mirkarimi is the secretary.
- FIFF Reveals Special Screenings Titles for 2021
- Special Screening Session for “Walking Distance”
- The Screening of “The Land of Lion and Sun” in the National Museum of Iran: An Unseen History of Iran
- Director of “The Cow” Is Satisfied with Remake Quality / Mehrjui; I Was Astonished!
- Four Iranian Documentaries To Be Screened at the Special Screenings Section