International Section Is Not ignored because of The National Section Anymore
24 April 2016 - 15:07
Mojtaba Raei insisted, independence of the FIFF will lead to its reputation and stability.
According to the Public Relations Office of the 34th FIFF, Mojtaba Raei considered the separation of national and international sections as a positive move and said, “Through this, the international section which was always underestimated by the national station finds its own place.”
He refered that the national section is more a celebration rather than a competition and people add to its excitement by their attendance and added, “this separation will be effective in case that we use the opportunities and by giving a true definition, if this festival keeps going in this way it will become a place for screening many film which need no filter or censorship.”
Director of “Torange” called FIFF as a venue for cineastes to gather and screen their films and continued, “this is not true that we say all the films should be screened in the festival or censorship would ruin a film. Many films are made around the world that can be screened in our festival and if we go forward step by step, filmmakers will be interested to have their premiere in Iran.”
Director of “Senobar” replied to a question about if he is interested to have his next film’s premier in Fajr and said, “I cannot make films for now.”
The 34th edition of Fajr International Film Festival is being held from April 20th to April 25th, 2016 at Charsou Cineplex, under the supervision of the well-known Iranian filmmaker, Mr. Reza Mirkarimi, who is also the Managing Director of Khaneh Cinema.
For more information on Fajr International Film Festival, visit the festival website, www.fajriff.com.
- Exclusive Interview with Mario Damas Nunes; The Critic Ambassador
- An Actor Needs to Feel Good // Motamed Aria Gives Acting Tips
- Ebrahim Haghighi, Iranian Graphic Designer : 34th Fajr Deserved International Title
- We Screen Iranian Film In Our Festival As the Attractive Part of it; Anthelme Vidaud from Odessa International Film Festival
- The Festival Ambience Is Great/There Are New Talents In Iran Cinema// Interview with Eivind Grotteland from Norway and Pascal Traechslin from Switzerland