Mehrdad Oskoei: Documentaries Owe Film Festivals
25 April 2016 - 14:15
Mehrdad Skouei, Iranian young director believed that documentary films are like orphans and filmmakers of this genre can just present their works in festivals.
According to the Public Relations Office of the 34th Fajr International Film Festival, Mehrdad Oskoei whose film “Starless Stars” was one the most acclaimed and seen films in the festival said, “I was sick so I couldn’t attend in the 34th FIFF but I followed up news with media and from the feedbacks, I think everyone was satisfied with the 34th FIFF.”
He added, “I am glad to see that my film was also welcomed and it’s a proud that a documentary was able to find its own place among audiences. I am so happy that this edition has being held in real international level.”
Oskoei said, “current qualified managers of cinema had proper policy and planning and the result was a real international festival that our cinema really deserved. ”
He also referred to his film and explained, “in my film I tried to narrate my story in cinematic tone and kids in my film are talking about their own pains and dreams. Documentary film is like an orphan and we can just present our films in these types of festivals.”
The 34th edition of Fajr International Film Festival is being held from April 20th to April 25th, 2016 at Charsou Cineplex, under the supervision of the well-known Iranian filmmaker, Mr. Reza Mirkarimi, who is also the Managing Director of Khaneh Cinema.
For more information on Fajr International Film Festival, visit the festival website, www.fajriff.com.
- Exclusive Interview with Mario Damas Nunes; The Critic Ambassador
- An Actor Needs to Feel Good // Motamed Aria Gives Acting Tips
- Ebrahim Haghighi, Iranian Graphic Designer : 34th Fajr Deserved International Title
- We Screen Iranian Film In Our Festival As the Attractive Part of it; Anthelme Vidaud from Odessa International Film Festival
- The Festival Ambience Is Great/There Are New Talents In Iran Cinema// Interview with Eivind Grotteland from Norway and Pascal Traechslin from Switzerland